Pages

Tuesday 21 October 2014

My Holiday Recount

My Holiday Recount.

I had a fun time in the school holidays going to a camp in South Auckland called Hunua Falls Camp. The camp started Friday afternoon of the first week of holiday and finished the following Thursday afternoon. Teenagers from Nelson, Wellington, Palmerston North, Hamilton and Auckland all came to the camp.

While travelling to camp I was thinking about my friends who live in Wellington, that I had known back in Malaysia, hoping they would be there. I arrived at the camp at five pm and felt excited when my friends, I had been thinking about arrived later on the Friday night. We talked all night to catch up as we hadn't seen each other for two years. The next day we spent ten hours sleeping to make up for the night before.

At camp we had meetings in the mornings to discuss what we were going to do for the day, during the afternoons we had free time and in the evenings we learnt about the bible. In free time we played soccer, tag and a game called Earthquake. On the last day of camp we went to Hunua Falls. While walking to the falls I was excited at what I might see and the possibility of swimming. However, I was disappointed when I got there because I was wearing shorts and the mosquitoes were biting my arms and legs. This made me want to go back to the camp immediately but others went swimming. Thursday afternoon after the trip, we packed our bags and cleaned up the place including sweeping my room.

My dad who was the chef cooked the last delicious meal we had which was fried rice.  We had our last game of soccer while we waited for the buses to pick us up, four buses soon arrived. I said goodbye to my friends feeling heartbroken because I wasn't going to see them for another two years, but I was looking forward to going home to my own bed. It was a great camp, I’m looking forward to the next one in two years time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.